Arrived early to audition, and was taken 'up to the room' straightaway by one of the producers of the show, and introduced to the other producer. Had photo taken (eek), and then straight into interview on 'nominated subject' - now in the after discussion with a couple of other early arrivers, we were all under the impression that the discussion on our nominated subject would be just that, not actual questions - WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Yes, we were asked questions (10 in all, but I can only remember 9, further details under the cut).
Once everyone had arrived we got an intro talk, and then asked 25 general knowledge questions - we were told they were quite hard, and that the average correct was 6 out of 25. My total was 10 correct - I flubbed 2, one Australia's nearest neighbour, Papua New Guinea, not just New Guinea like I wrote, and another one which I choose to keep to myself, but my Buffy gaff I have revealed below.
Not expecting to get a call back (although one of the producers did say that women have a greater chance of getting in, because of the guy/girl ratio at auditions, which I will attest to - 9 guys, 3 girls), but it was fun. Some of the other special interests were Discworld, ST:TNG, and The Life and Works of Roald Dahl. Apparently we will be entered onto a database, and depending on the mix required for each round, contacted or not. I won't be hanging by the phone.
Here are the Buffy questions, to the best of my recollection, not in order apart from the first, and certainly not word for word:
1. In the episode School Hard it is revealed that the patron saint of vampires is: Blank - Yes, yes, I know it's St Vigeous, but my mind wasn't working at that moment - all you Spike fans can beat me up the next time you see me.
2. After travelling around the country, where did Xander move to on his return (OK quibble here, because we know that his car broke down, and he didn't actually travel around the country, but worked in the male stripping joint, but I didn't think it was the time or place to argue OK ... OK) - his parent's basement.
3. The reason Xander and Willow first broke up - Xander stole Willow's Barbie.
4. In Becoming Part 2 Angelus comments to Giles that when he used to torture people, this thing wasn't invented, what was it? The chainsaw.
5. Ethan Rayne turned Giles into what in A New Man - Fyarl Demon - think the guy was impressed that I knew how to spell Fyarl!
6. Buffy knew that she and her new room-mate wouldn't get along because of: The Celine Dion poster she put up.
7. Oz's greatest life ambition - to get the E flat chord, (I said F) a half a mark to me.
8. The second time Drusilla broke up with Spike was because of : first said Chaos Demon, then corrected to Fungus Demon, phew ...
9. Who says to Xander (fuzzy quote) "Dial 1800 I'm a skanky ho" - Willow.
And so ends my brief foray into the world of TV quizzes. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support. At least I know my Buffy knowledge ain't too bad. Over and out.